Pages

Monday 23 May 2011

A Touch of Monochrome

Good morning to all in the land of blog,
I hope everyone had a great weekend, I had a fab afternoon yesterday doing some extreme gardening at my parents house which has left me covered in nettle stings but it felt great to be out in the sunshine!
I really just wanted to share this quick card with you today. I created this for a workshop on how to use nestabilities in a different way. I think everyone gets stuck in a rut and sometimes forgets to explore the possibilities of products. This is such a simple technique here, I just used the nestie to create a debossed frame instead of using it to die cut a shape.

























The gorgeous main stamped image is 'Pop Stems' from Hero Arts which I simply stamped with black memento and then dotted some of the image and the flower centres with lots of silver stickles. The scroll stamp is from Penny Black and is actually a Christmas stamp with snowflakes but I have strategically placed the flowers to cover these. The greeting stamp is by Papermania as are the punches used to create the flowers. I then added ribbon and pearls from my stash.
I am entering this into the following challenges:
Allsorts - #104 'Birthdays' (Big Happy Birthday to You!!)
Truly Scrumptious - #57 'Anything Goes'
Simply Create - #44 'Special Day/Event'
Simon Says - 'Sparkle and Shine'
Anyway, hope you like it and that you have a great day.
Hugs
Clare
x

8 comments:

  1. Really love the simple mono look, it's one of my favorite colour combo's for doing this technique. Lovely card. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning and elegant card! Love how the flowers really pop out! Have a great day! Hugs & Sunshine!/Sari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    {{Debs}}xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing you lovely card with us at Allsorts this week, but the photo inspiration theme does need to be used to be in with a chance of winning.

    You are very welcome to join in with another piece of work.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the classic card, thanks for playing with us at Simply Create.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a FABULOUS card!!!
    Thank you for joining us at Simply Create for our Special Day challenge...hope to see you again for the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so elegant and classy! Black and white always seem to give that effect, doesnt it?

    Thanks for joining in at Simply Create this time!
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. ♥♥THUD♥♥ girl this is awesome!!!

    So glad you joined us on Simply Create for our "SPECIAL DAY/ EVENT" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by to my little corner of Blogland and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment they are all much appreciated :-) xx